- Swimmer of the Month – March 2022 08/04/2022
- Swimmer of the Month – February 2022 07/03/2022
- Donations required for aid delivery to Ukrainian refugees 02/03/2022
- Swimmer of the Month – January 2022 04/02/2022
- New report shows important role pools can play to ease pressure on NHS 17/01/2022
- January Promotion 05/01/2022
- Early Closing today 22/12/2021
- Party Week! 20/12/2021
- Christmas Photos in the Small Pool 09/12/2021
- Christmas Closure Dates 2021 23/11/2021
Congratulations to Jax!
The following Swimmers made the shortlist,
The February shortlist was
- Lilla Dibben
- Natalia Xhalili
- Dottie Bailey
- Georie Clayton
- Ava Waghorne
- Florence Ward
- Elliott Phillips
- Liam Bussel
- Carys Jones
- Millie Wood
“Natalia always tries really hard in every lesson and improves in every lesson too”
A Polish Social Club from Southampton are organising donations for Ukraine, and have complied a list of essential items. They are making a first run from Winchester on Thursday 3rd March, and will continue to do so while required.
If you have any of the items in the list below that you could donate, please hand it to our reception team. They will not accept any items that are not on the list so please make sure to read the requested items carefully.
“Donations that we are desperate for at the moment:“
- Thermal underwear, thermal underclothing (like leggings, blouses – THERMAL ONLY, no other clothing)
- Hats, gloves and scarves
- Foam mats
- Warm blankets
- Survival foil blankets
- First aid boxes
- Hand/feet warmers
- SMALL tents
- Any medical equipment, wound dressings etc
Especially in need are:
- Baby formula, including special needs formula
- Wet wipes
- Sudocrem, nappy creams
- Non-perishable food – Pasta tinned food, instant soups etc
- Toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap etc
- Feminine sanitary products
Below is further message listing specific first aid needs. This has been Google translated and copied from another communication.
“UKRAINE GENERAL CONSULATE OF UKRAINE IN WROCŁAW IS IN NEED OF:”
- Medical kit with equipment
- Israeli bandage;
- Anti-haemorrhagic military gauze;
- Dressing tamponade for deep wounds;
- Decompression needles;
- Occlusive dressings;
- Anti-burn dressings;
- Sterile bandages 10 × 14;
- Individual dressings;
- Silicone adhesive (non-woven!);
- Tegaderm transparent dressing;
- Sterile drapes (minimum size 20×10);
- Compression bands;
- Laryngeal masks;
- Combitube esophageal tracheal tubes (4, 5, 6);
- Rubber compression tourniquets;
- Restraining rails (flexible);
- Elastic bandage;
- Light plaster;
- Sponges and hemostatic dressings;
- Traumatic hemostatic first aid bandage
- Rolled filler gauze, e.g. MiniTAC Rolled Wrapping Gauzet
- C-A-T 80 tourniquet, clamp
- Esmarch’s tourniquet
- SWAT tourniquet black
- CELOX hemostatic granules.
- Blood bags
- FIRST AID BOXES CONTAINING
- • 2 x SICH tourniquet or CAT tourniquet
• 1 x 6 “Israeli Trauma Dressing or similar
• 1 x QuickClot Combat gauze Z-fold, hemostatic
• 1 x pack of compressed gauze
• 1 x Nasopharyngeal Airway 28 FR with lubricant
• 1 x chest seal
• 1 x adhesive tape
• 1 x emergency blanket
• 1 x pair of bandage scissors.
• 1 x pair of nitrile gloves
• 1 x permanent marker
Each month this year our Instructors will each be nominating their most improved swimmer of the month.
At the end of January, the following swimmers made the shortlist
- Zuzanna Cichon
- Dennis Langler
- Reggie Coady
- Emily Rose
- Beau Parker
- Seb Foster
- Charlie Jones
- Nadia Stechlicka
- Rebecca Varghese
- Alexander Beveridge
A winner was randomly selected from the list….
Congratulations goes to Seb Foster in Beginners
“Seb was struggling to swim unaided before Christmas, since returning he said to me that he would like to try on his own. Since then he’s been swimming on his own really well, he’s gained more confidence, always smiling. I don’t see it being too long before he’s moved up to the big pool”
Sign up for lessons for one of the following and when you call to book quote *Jan50* you’ll get your first two lessons for free!
- Parent & Baby Lessons
- Toddler lessons
- School-aged Beginner Lessons
Our Adult Lane Swimming session this evening has been brought forward to 19:45-20:30 as our Adult Lessons have been cancelled today. Just for today, we shall be closing at 20:30.
Pictures so far…..
This week we got to see a lot of smiling faces in the Pool!
Our last day will be Thursday 23rd December before closing for the festive period. We shall be re-opening on Tuesday 4th January 2022 at 07:30 am.
All our members who will miss a lesson or two during our closure period will receive a token on their account from the 1st December when you can go online and book an extra lesson either before or after Christmas