Beginners – Building Confidence
Even the most nervous adult beginners have overcome their fear of water at Shirley Pool. The private shallow areas and sympathetic teachers help ease the dread that many adults feel near water. Stroke technique and deep water confidence classes are held early evenings and day times. Private, one on one lessons are available by arrangement.
Adult Beginners: 40 minutes
The Small Pool at Shirley
- Small Pool: 5m x 2.5m and 0.5m deep.
- Introducing breath control, floating gliding, relaxation, regaining standing.
- Gently building water confidence in a small, warm, shallow and secluded pool.
- Learning basic movement techniques.
- ASA Qualified Teacher in the water.
- Take one lesson a week or more to improve progress.
- No children,no spectators.
The adult improvers classes offer a comfortable and relaxed environment for you to come and develop your swimming. Our adult trainers provide a range of adult lessons for every ability. Widths lessons are primarily aimed at improving technique and expanding your swimming ability, whereas the lengths lessons are perfect for somebody looking for an extra drive to help them keep fit.
Adult Lengths: 45 minutes
Adult Lengths Adv
Adult Lengths Adv: 50 minutes
Adult Widths: 40 minutes
The Main Pool at Shirley
- Main Pool: 25m x 8m
- Shallow both ends.
- Building deep water confidence
- stroke technique
If you have not mastered the breathing, start in the small pool first!
A detailed list of available times is displayed on the right as a download. Find a slot that fits then call the pool to book a place. Depending on timing, you would normally need to pay for the first few weeks by card or cash before the rolling card payments starts.